OPEN CALL: U10 Art Space Belgrade 2024 Annual Programme
U10 Art Space announces its open call for the 2024 annual program. U10 is an artist run space in
Belgrade, Serbia and supports the presentation, promotion and affirmation of young emerging artists
from Serbia, the region and abroad that work in the field of contemporary art. We also welcome
international projects. More information can be found below.
The selection is done by the U10 team consisting of: Lidija Delić, Nina Ivanović, Sanda Kalebić, Sava
Knežević, Iva Kuzmanović, Nemanja Nikolić, Jovana Trifuljesko, and Marija Šević.
To submit your application to the open call, please exclusively use our online application form:
I – AUTHORS CAN SUBMIT APPLICATIONS FOR
- Individual exhibitions
- Group exhibitions
- Author’s / Curator selected exhibitions
- Short, one-day or evening presentations / Screenings / Book Promotions / Discussions / Panels or
other events in the field of contemporary art
- Sound and music events
II – PARTICIPATION CRITERIA
- A major section of the program is devoted to the affirmation of young, local, yet unrecognised
artists from Serbia and the wider region of the Balkans. Cooperation between several regional
countries is also welcome.
- Candidates of any citizenship can apply.
- We welcome international submissions that through their project support the cooperation and/or
exchange with local artists.
- U10 is a platform that supports and promotes an innovative and experimental approach to arts and
culture. In addition, we support transdisciplinary and interdisciplinary ideas and projects where art
and broader scientific disciplines are expanded, intertwined, researched and critically examined.
III – THE SUBMITTED MATERIAL SHOULD INCLUDE
- A DESCRIPTION of the project that the candidate is applying with, up to 2000 characters with spaces.
- CV and/or portfolio (in one PDF file, up to 5 MB).
- VISUAL AND OTHER DOCUMENTATION
- Up to 10 images/visual reproductions (in JPG or PNG format, up to 10 MB in total).
- In case that the project is not completed, is in progress, or based on time/duration, performance or
other, please provide an additional description of the appearance and the idea of the project (up to
1500 characters with spaces), with a preferred visualisation of the project in the form of sketches, 3D
models or spatial visualisation.
- Sound and video: Please send us only links to your previously uploaded videos. Please don’t forget to
include the password if it is a private video. The links should be active until November 25, 2023!
- TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS (list of technical equipment offered by U10 can be found below)
IV – U10 ART SPACE PROVIDES
- Exhibition space
- PR activities (exhibition promotion via our mailing lists and social networks: Facebook event, Twitter,
- Available technical equipment (3 projectors, 3 media players, 2 flat screen TVs, 1 tablet, 2 sets of
speakers, 3 pairs of headphones and basic tools)
- Drinks at the exhibition opening
- Printed material (title in wall vinyl, brochures)
V – PROVIDED BY EXHIBITOR
- Transport of the works to and from U10
- Exhibition set-up
- Any additional equipment or technical support not provided by U10
- Travel costs and accommodation
- Dismantling, packing and removing works at the end of the exhibition and restoring the space to its
VI – HOW TO APPLY
- To submit your application to the open call, please exclusively use our online application form:
- Applications sent per regular e-mail or post will not be considered.
- One author can send multiple applications.
- The artists commit to realising their project in the agreed period! The slots start from January 2024.
VII – DEADLINE
- The deadline for entries is October 20, 2023 (including October 20 until midnight CET).
- Incomplete applications and applications received after this deadline will not be considered.
- The decision of the accepted projects will be made by November 25, 2023, after which all of the
applicants will be notified by e-mail.
- For any additional information, please write us to: u10/@/u10/./rs